Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In the Garden


I love to work in my garden -- how about you? Each Spring (when able), my family and I plant a big crop of veggies and fruits, and we work together through the summer and fall to get them to grow. There's just something wonderful about watching something grow from seed to harvest, and of course, nothing tastes better than fresh-picked fruits and veggies!  :-)

This week at Tuesday Throwdown, we are doing some crafty gardening with wonderful images from our sponsor, Robyn's Fetish.  To make my card, I've used the sweet "Fruity Strawberries" image, which I colored digitally with Photoshop. For the layout, I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday. The papers are by Paper Pizzazz ("Christmas Plaid") and The Paper Company ("Seersucker Stripe On Fern"). A little yellow ribbon and some teeny-tiny green pearls finish it off.

I hope you'll stop over and do a little gardening with us at Tuesday Throwdown. We'd love to see what you make! :-)

7 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Deedee, this is so beautiful! I love the gingham paper. It just seems to spotlight the strawberries. Gorgeous coloring, as always!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty and Cheery Miss Deedee! 8-) Love the Sweet Strawberries and the Darling gingham dp's Just fresh springy and Wonderfully colored! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I love the strawberries.

Sandy said...

So very pretty! I love the "cheery" feel the card has with the vibrant colors, gingham, and pretty layout. Beautifully done!

Kathy and Lucky said...

No garden for us, we have a small little moveable garden with a plant or two, it is just too hot and dry. Loving your card and have I told you how amazing your coloring is, wow.

TN Granny said...

I love this Deedee you really are one of the finest.

Helen said...

Deedee this is just lovely! I love the way you coloured the strawberry plant and that red gingham - perfect!!